About the Team
The goal of EI California is to support teachers to use embedded instruction practices with preschool children with or at risk for disabilities using a variation of the Tools for Teachers (TfT), professional development program. The project team will work with local educational agencies (LEAs) within California to support teacher implementation of the practices building on and strengthening teachers’ knowledge of assessment and curriculum. A key focus will help to help teachers use the Desired Results Developmental Profile (DRDP) assessment to inform planned and intentional embedded instruction practices for children with disabilities.
- Dr. Patricia Snyder, University of Florida
- Dr. Mary McLean, University of Florida
- Teachers, families, and children in two school districts (Los Angeles Unified and Fresno) and one county office of education (Santa Clara)
- Meredith Cathcart, Education Administrator; Policy and Program Services, Special Education Division, California Department of Education
- Shelia Self, Education Programs Consultant; Policy and Program Services, Special Education Division, California Department of Education